Saturday, May 9, 2009

To Feed a Feral Cat

Have I told you about my history? I was a stray cat when my Mamasan found me. (I found her, really) I had lived outdoors for all of March through October and it was cold and rainy and scary. I was not afraid of people but I was afraid of noises in the dark night and thunder storms and I was afraid I would never have a home. Out there in the world there was a grey cat who was as wild as they come. He did not like me and he did not go near Mamasan. He would sneak down to the deck and get food after he was sure she was inside. Mamasan set up a Rain Village for me...she covered her eating outside table with plastic and she made a box for me to go inside of. I knew she was nice right from the start!

It was a rainy spring and summer. I got wet and I got in lots of fights with that Grey Cat. When it started to get cold outside Mamasan decided to try to bring me in so she took me to the white coat and they pulled out some of my teeth and my blood and then they said I could come inside and I would not hurt, "my Bill."

That Old Man Grey had to st
ay outside though because he doesn't like people, not at all. So, Mamasan bought a feeding station that came in a box and Papasan and Mamasan put it together with screws. Now when Old Man Grey wants to eat he gets inside there and it is dry and safe.

Everyone should be nice, like Mamasan, to cats who have no home. They will love you even if they don't say it!

Feral Villa Feeding Station

No comments:

Post a Comment