Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Off to Florida Part Two

I think that by the second day on the road I was in shock. I skipped the meows and went right to playing dead. Before too long we had pulled up to another house and I was carried into this empty place and left in a corner while all of these strangers started filing in and out and I was totally ignored. I started yelling and letting them know I was not happy that I was stuck in a corner inside my car box. Who keeps a diva like me inside a cat box in the house? Finally I got some strange woman's attention and she took me out of the box. I went on an explore and from what I could see...this must be Florida. There are weird trees and it is HOT and I think I saw a the GREEN thing from the Geico Ad outside on the bushes. This HAD to be FLORIDA!


It took a long time and a lot of strangers to get a bed set up and my kitty litter box and privacy screen out in the garage. I wondered if all these people would be living here with us now that we are in FLORIDA? They do make a ruckus. I was glad to have "under the bed" to hide and I decided to stay there until I heard a can opening.


Cans don't open in FLORIDA as often as I like and I had to practically play dead again to get noticed. All the banging and tearing papers kept me under the bed. A whole long time went by before I ventured out.... I wanted them to worry. As soon as I found the garage I slipped behind my privacy screen and before long I was feeling like my old self...just in FLORIDA.


Once it got quiet and just He & She were there I thought that maybe FLORIDA might not be so bad. There were treats and toys and I had my climbing shelf by the window. I had a spot for my food dish and water and I had a nice dark spot under the bed. Purrrsss.. I like it in my new home.


No comments:

Post a Comment